01 February 2019
‘Preparing and Supporting Albania for EU Accession Process’ is a project implemented by Cooperation and Development Institute. The project aims to contribute qualitatively to the independent monitoring of the country’s progress towards the official opening of accession negotiations. It also aims to accompany, support, monitor and report on the progress achieved after June 2019 (reforms advancement, assessing the impact of front-loading approach, analyzing sector integration, and scrutiny of governance mechanisms of the national institutions in charge).
Its outcomes should translate into a more informed and supportive Albanian society that is constructively involved in the success of reforms and in the institutional mechanisms of accession negotiations. The project will encourage a constructive public debate and efficient outreach directed to decision makers in Albania and EU, and to the public opinion.
In the framework of the project activities, CDI is looking for a Research Expert in the areas of Chapters 23 and 24.
He/Shewill work closely with the Project Team and is expected to perform the following indicative tasks:
- Prepare the research methodology and action plan and consults it with Project Team;
- Implement parts or whole components as agreed in research plan by such asdesk research, quantitative data processing, qualitative interviews, exchange with field experts and Albanian stakeholders to map,etc.,;
- Follow up closely and analyse major developments in Chapter 23 “Judiciary and Fundamental Rights”and Chapter 24 “Justice, freedom and security” in Albania, and include a regional comparative angle as compared with other EU accession front-runner countries;
- Prepare two draft reports (one mid-term and one final)and consult findings and recommendations with relevant actors including government, CSO, businesses, academia, and other actors – national, regional or EU – as appropriate;
- Finalizes two reports (one mid-term and one final);
- Contributes,oversee as agreed with Project Team, attends and presents as appropriateprojectoutreach events;
- Prepares outreach informative presentations and factsheetson theresearch carried out;
- Other in line with the needs of a qualitative research work;
- Advanced degree in European Studies, Law and/or Political Science;
General professional experience:
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in government, judiciary, international organisations, universities or research institutes;
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of European affairs, rule of law, justice, security, legal harmonization of the national legislation with the EU acquis or EU accession negotiations;
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in research and publications in the above fields;
- Research publications in English on the fields above would be a definitive asset
- Independence in carrying out agreed tasks;
- Team work;
- Research skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Albanian and English;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
The assignment is to be carried out between 15 February 2019 and 31 December 2020 on an external service contract basis.
The Assignment foresees home-based work, participation at office project meetings at least once a week and participation to project events.
All interested applicants must send an email to email@example.com subject “Call for a Research Expert” with enclosed:
- A detailed CV in English language, with clear description of education and professional experience;
- List of references of min. 1 and max. 3 former employers (Name, Institution/ Organization, Email, Tel.);
- A short motivation letter in English Language;
- At least one Paper/Publication authored/co-authored falling in the area of the required expertise;
The deadline for submitting applications is February 11, 2019.
CDI will only be able to contact only the applicants shortlisted for an interview.