Ports as Driving Wheels of Entrepreneurial Realm (PoWER)
Supported by: ADRION Programme
Project duration: 01 January 2018 – 31 December 2020
PoWER project aims to support the evolution of ports into Innovation Hubs, able to act as new transmission belts between regions, and to exploit their untapped entrepreneurial potential. In particular, PoWER fosters collaboration among the key-actors of the Innovation Supply Chain (ISC): cognitive institutions (schools, Universities, research bodies), enterprises and Public Administrations, in order to turn the multi-layered challenges affecting Adriatic-Ionian ports into an opportunity to integrate, cross-fertilize and exploit the “power” of territories.
The project outputs will be:
- the PoWER methodology for facilitating the collaboration between enterprises and research institutions and, in so doing, speeding up the building of ISCs;
- the Innovation Hubs Network (IHN);
- the IHN joint Strategy for the evolution of ports into Innovation Hubs, supported by an ICT Platform devoted to its implementation.
PoWER focuses on ports as drivers for boosting integration, innovation and growth of the local unexpressed potential (entrepreneurial, educational, administrative, research, social).
The project is leaded by Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR) and its partnered by C.N.A. National Confederation of Handcrafts and of SMEs – Association of Province of Ravenna, Rijeka Development agency Porin Ltd., Centre for Economic, Technological and Environmental Development Sarajevo, European Affairs Fund – AP Vojvodina, Cooperation and Development Institute (CDI), Municipality of Durrës, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Chamber of Thesprotia.
You may consult the project website here.
- Excerpts from the sixth transnational meeting of PoWER Project
- Meeting of the Local Committee set up under the PoWER
- PoWER Transnational Event in Rijeka
- PoWER Final Gaming Session
- Study Visit in the Port of Durres
- Gaming Session at Tirana Business University
- Gaming session at the Faculty of Economy, University of Tirana
- PoWER | How can youngsters participate in developing their community?
- Final presentation of the Solutions for the Durres Port’s needs
- Call for Solutions for addressing energy needs of Port of Durres is launched
- Third Transnational Meeting of Ports as driving Wheels of Entrepreneurial Realm Project
- Second Transnational Meeting of the project “Ports as Driving Wheels of Entrepreneurial Realm” (PoWER).