Applying Sector Approach to Civil Society Contribution in EU Integration of Albania – CONNECT
European Union Delegation in Tirana
Albanian Ministry of Economy and Finance
Friedrich Ebert Foundation (Albania)
Centar Savremene Politike / European Western Balkans (Serbia)
Period: December 2018 – July 2020
As Albania moves forward in its EU integration path, the process so far has underlined the need for the active engagement of all actors from different sectors. In the process of European integration several sector reforms are undertaken by the Albanian government and efforts are made to create an enabling environment for cooperation between the Albanian Government and civil society by preparing the legal basis for the establishment of structures that ensure and guarantee this cooperation.
The project “Applying Sector Approach to Civil Society Contribution in EU Integration of Albania” is the newest project leaded by Cooperation and Development Institute, aiming to support CSOs for the implementation of capacity building actions to increase policy dialogue and awareness on European integration process.
The overall objective of this project is to support the evidence-based policy dialogue between CSOs and Government in Albania in EU Accession Negotiations and reform-oriented policy-making.
Main project activities will consist in:
- Mapping, profiling and assessing CSOs potential contribution in policy dialogue and in the European Integration process;
- Creating a knowledge pool for evidence-based policy making in Albania, by making extensive use of best cases and experience of our neighbours and Accession front-runners and building a solid and accessible body of knowledge at the service of accession negotiations stakeholders;
- Supporting country reforms induced by EU enlargement and the Berlin Process, by mobilising civil society actors for a meaningful contribution in the engaged reforms;
- Enhancing a regional debate on Regional Economic Area and supporting contribution of civil society at regional policy making level.
CONNECT has its own website, which serves to inform on project activities, as well as as a systematic source of reliable information on EU integration process in Albania. → CONNECT website
- EU Enlargement: For an enhanced role of youth and civil society
- Regional Seminar: “Investing in People and Social Cohesion: A Youth and Civil Society perspective”
- Round-table “Economic and Social Convergence: Current achievements & future challenges of reform processes in Albania.”
- Round table “Challenges and opportunities for meaningful Youth engagement in the EU integration process in Albania”