Mainstreaming Migration – Local Authorities Network for Migration and Development
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Centro Studi di Politica Internazionale (CeSPI)
- Municipality of Tirana
- Municipality of Bologna
- Municipality of Milano
Period: May 2020 – May 2021
Programme: Youth and Society
Category: Ongoing Projects
The general objective of the project is to promote transnational collaboration between municipalities for the enhancement of migration as a development tool and for the achievement of the SDGs. In particular, the project is based on two pillars:
- The creation of a network of municipalities active on the topic of Mainstreaming Migration. A series of meetings will be organized aimed at facilitating the transfer of knowledge and exchange of experiences between municipalities and the consolidation of knowledge on the subject of Mainstreaming Migration.
- The integration of migration into the local development plans of the municipalities involved. The municipalities will have the opportunity to participate in a structured planning process, including peer to-peer exchanges, with the aim to identify strategic areas where to integrate migration and implement their roadmaps in their local development plans.
In addition, this project intends to involve municipalities which have integrated – or are interested in integrating – migration into their local development plans or into sectoral policies related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the 2030 Agenda.
The project aims to support the target municipalities in order to:
- integrate migration into the development policy planning processes and into the development plans;
- identify and implement specific priorities;
- improve the capacity to design and manage policies taking into consideration the “migration and development” nexus.
Specifically, the Municipalities involved will be Milan (Italy), Bologna (Italy) and Tirana (Albania).
CDI, as the national partner of CESPI, will liaise with Municipality of Tirana to ensure that project activities are carried out as per project provisions.