A multi-partner Cooperation Agreement was signed yesterday between Durres Port Authority, Durres Municipality, “Aleksander Moisiu” University of Durres / Faculty of Professional Studies, Albanian Railway and Cooperation and Development Institute. This agreement sets the framework for a strategic and comprehensive cooperation to address the energy efficiency needs of Durres Port.
All the signatories commit to jointly explore innovative energy efficiency approaches, build concrete initiatives and invest in HR to boost maritime connectivity.
During the event, CDI presented the main objectives and results of the elaborated methodology supporting the evolution of Adrion ports into Innovation Hubs, as well as the main feasible measures that address the energy efficiency needs of the Port:
- Implementation of an Energy-Efficiency Management System (EnMS)
- Improvement of buildings envelopes
- Efficient lighting systems for indoor applications
- Efficient lighting systems for outdoor applications
- New efficient HVAC systems
- Replacement of inefficient cranes
- Energy recuperation through flywheels
- Increased port productivity and logistics through ICT
- Crane electrification
- Diesel substitution with natural gas
- Shore-to-ship power
- Installation of photovoltaics
- Charge stations for battery-operated vehicles
- Battery-operated reach stackers
The Local Agreement is signed within the project Power – Ports as driving Wheels of Entrepreneurial Realm supported by ADRION Programme INTERREG V-B 2014 – 2020 and funded under the European Regional Development Fund and IPA II fund.
For more information related to the project, please you can check www.powerports.eu.