Cooperation and Development Institute at a glance
CDI is an Albanian think tank focused in analyzing and contributing to public policy at national and regional scale. Established in 2000, it is a politically independent, not for profit, non-governmental organization. CDI’s mission is to contribute to the quality of policy-makings with open and fact-based research, analysis, advocacy and debate. Through research, publications, events and social media, CDI promotes a unique discussion space for everyone interested in improving the quality of evidence-based decision making. Our goal is to create the condition for systemic impact.
CDI invites all the interested to apply for an opportunity to follow an intensive internship at the CDI office, which aims the familiarization to work within the NGO sector and with the work experience in general. The intern will assist the staff in several tasks such as: research, implementation of different projects, managing social media, writing and translating different articles, administrative support and other tasks depending on the applicant’s interest. In the end of the internship, the intern will be acknowledged with a Certificate.
“Intern – Department of Research & of Communication”
Overall Purpose of Position:
Support to the CDI Team for the overall implementation of programme activities, in terms of logistic, research, implementation of project activities, documentation, communication, in the field of activities of CDI.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Intern supports the CDI team in their daily work with special reference to:
- conducting research, gathering materials and processing information on topics such as public policy, regional development, EU integration and Connectivity Agenda, Good Governance, Social Cohesion, etc.;
- drafting of a variety of documents, such as briefing reports, policy briefs, background papers, statements;
- organization of meetings, workshops and other events in the field of work of the project(s);
- preparing press reviews and other communication relevant material in the related project’s topic/s;
- provide accurate translation of specific documents/ articles as needed from Albanian to English and vice versa;
- other duties/ administrative tasks as requested.
Background and Qualifications:
- Students who are currently studying, preferably in their last years of Bachelor studies or enrolled in their first year of Masters and/or newly graduates within 6 months, (European studies, law, economics, political sciences, international relations or similar);
- Initial background knowledge or familiarity in the connectivity is an asset;
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills; Albanian language is a must*;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational , analytical and research skills;
- Ability to work in a team and to meet tight deadlines.
What CDI offers
We offer a part-time internship for 3 to 6 months (duration is flexible and with a possibility for extension). The internship should start latest in 1st of March 2020.
Application and Deadline
Interested candidates are invited to submit one-page letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae, both in English, in pdf format. For the CV, please use the Europass template (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/). Please email your application to email@example.com by 16 February 2020, at 23:49, with the following in the subject line: “Application for Internship: Name & Surname.”
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.